SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_232003905

Need help - laundry closet door

Kaitlynn
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a closet next to the bathroom that I originally wanted to have sliding doors installed because I'm putting a 24" stackable washer/dryer in one of the closet. The space used to fit a 24" single door and was just used as a storage closet.

However my GC informed me that it won't be possible as my opening is only 47" if he breaks the existing wall enclosing the space and that's not including any room for hardware. The closet is located in a hallway leading to the bathroom. He suggest I just put in a regular door, with the washer dryer taking over the whole closet space. But I feel that there is a lot of wasted empty space that cant be used. Additionally, I want the option of opening the door and leaving it open without blocking other doors.

I made a rough sketch of what the space looks like (not drawn to scale). My brother suggested maybe we can take down all the walls to put in a sliding door. Note we have two closets side to side on this wall. The whole space when I measured was about 101" (my measurements may be a little off)

Any suggestions?

Comments (3)