SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29405466

Miele, Wolf price increases coming...but too early for my order

2rickies
2 years ago

In case you're at all close to ordering your stuff, I've been advised that Miele is raising some of their prices on Sept 1, and Wolf prices are going up 5% on October 1.

I've been researching appliances for my new build, and I've pretty much decided that I'm getting Miele ovens and a Wolf rangetop. (Still undecided about d/w, fridge, and laundry, but closing in.)

Unfortunately, if the salesperson at the appliance store is correct, the biggest increase is expected on the Miele single convection oven I want--$500. (Especially annoying because it is relatively the most "basic" of the oven models they offer.) At its current price, I saw it as sort of a bargain--when did i start thinking a 3k oven is a bargain and what is wrong with me??--but that's not why I chose it.

At first I thought, I'll order the oven now and see if the store can hold it until I'm ready for it, which realistically will be months, maybe even a year away. But it turns out the store will only hold stuff for 30 days or so, which I can understand, then they start charging to store it. This particular oven isn't backordered, either. Plus, I am not sure about this, but i'm guessing that I can't take advantage of discounts offered for buying multiple appliances in one brand if i don't buy them together, and that savings would be more than the $500 increase.

So I suppose i'm going to sit here and do nothing but watch helplessly while the prices increase! But maybe this info will help someone else...

Comments (13)