SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antcom

Miele or Wolf/Bosch/Thermador for New House Build

antcom
15 years ago

First time post on GW but am looking for some appliance advice for my new home build (currently in the early design stages with an architect). My first choice is for a complete Miele set-up with:

Induction Cooktop - 31"

Wall Oven H4742BP - 27" Classic Series

Vent Hood - DA272 - 35"

Dishwasher - G2182SCVi (Inspira)

I am pretty set on a 30" Liehberr (CI1601) as I want a fully integrated look in what will be a very modern and minimalistic kitchen. I am leaning towards Miele due to its great looks for the type of home I am building, high quality, and the many good things said on this site with respect to customer service.

The only problem is I am about 4 hours away from the nearest Miele Authorized Agent or Service Technician. There are also no authorized installers in my area. Miele said that as long as I had the appliances installed by someone with experiance, it would not impact the warrenty.

I have Wolf/Thermador/Bosch/Dacor available locally so service and installation would be covered. A similar set-up with Bosch would save me about $2300 and a Wolf (induction and wall oven)/Bosch set-up would come in about $500 more than the Miele appliances. I can get the Liehberr locally.

I guess my question is should I just go for the Miele or is it too much risk with having no local support for the product? If I stay local (non-Miele), which wall oven should I look at: Thermador/Dacor/Wolf (like the E-series look)/Bosch? Which induction? Not too concerned about ventilation choices and would go to a Bosch DW.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments (12)