SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schwester5

Subzero wolf/ Thermador/Asko/Miele

schwester5
11 years ago

Help! I know there has been a lot of discussion on this but I wondered if there was more recent feedback. Am doing a new build and have been advised by 3 suppliers that Wolf appliances are the best for service and quality. 2 of the suppliers have really promoted Thermador as the next best. The 3rd supplier only sold Miele and Wolf. All 3 advised against Viking.

Love Wolf, hyperventilating a little on the price, but hope that will be in this house for a long time so do want quality. Am I crazy to spend so much on appliances?!!!

Would tend to get all of one brand to take advantage of the promotions. Was set to go for Thermador, because more reasonable, but have been really put off by the negative reviews have seen regarding quality and customer service. If could find a quality but less costly 3rd supplier with good products and customer service, would definitely consider that, but have struggled to find that 3rd option.

If go for Wolf, was thinking of the 48 inch range top with griddle, 48 inch 1200 CFM pro chimney hood, BI-36 all freezer and all fridge, the 30 inch L double oven and the normal wall microwave. Was also going to get the 427 G subzero wine cooler and the Asko D5634XXLHS dishwasher.

If go for Thermador, would choose the all freezer and fridge 30 inch columns, the 48 inch range top with griddle, the double oven, microwave and would then get the emerald dishwasher and 48 inch chimney vent and 1000 CFM blower for free.

Has anyone had experience with the Wolf BI-36 freezer and fridge?

Any one with recent positive experience with Thermador appliances and customer service?

Is there a good third option that I have not considered?

Also looked at Jenn Air but have seen recent reviews that they have gone downhill.

Has anyone had experience with the Asko D5634XXLHS dishwasher?

Is the Miele Futura Dimension dishwasher better?

Also wondered whether to go for a more decorative but still contemporary style range hood. Does any one recommend one that is equivalent to Wolf in quality and still has enough CFMs? Ventahood any good?

Sorry for the millions of questions. Think my head's going to explode!

Comments (17)