SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof! Silly conversations.

amylou321
2 years ago

What's the silliest conversation/argument you have had? I must admit, silliness seems to follow me, perhaps because I entertain it at any opportunity. Not petty, not pointless in a negative way, not regrettable, just silly. I had a ridiculous exchange with a coworker the other day. To put it in context, she is obsessed with Disney and harry potter, which is fine. I used to LOVE Disney. I encourage everyone to indulge whatever makes them happy. Anyway, I was working with her and she was going on about her DREAM Disney vacation. So, in her excitement, she asked me who my favorite Disney princess was. Cinderella I replied, I do not know why, hers was my favorite story. THAT led to this exchange: (to the best of my memory)

Her: Is Cinderellas prince your favorite prince too?

Me: Good Godmother no!

Her: WHAT?!?!?! HEs the perfect prince!

Me: How?!!??!

Her: He just is! Rich, nice, handsome, AND he can DANCE!

Me: That is every Disney prince from that era hon. AND he really isn't that nice..... He YAWNED at all the ladies coming to see him.

Her: They were BORING!

Me: Okay...

Her: Well, who is YOUR favorite prince then?

Me: Phillip

Her : From sleeping beauty?

ME: that's right.

Her: No way....

Me: Totally. He's WAAAAAY better than that pretty boy that Cindy got caught up with!

Her: I do not see how!

Me: Well, first of all ,Cinderellas prince wears tassels on his shoulders, big red flag....

Her: That was what royalty WORE.....

Me: Second, he didn't DO anything

Her: Huh!?!!?! He SAVED HER!

ME: uh, no, he didn't. He didn't even go after her himself! He sent his creepy little footman out with the glass slipper to find her! He did not even provide a description or anything! Why? He couldn't be bothered to try to go out and RECOGNIZE her FACE?!?!?!? He had someone go out and try the slipper on every foot in the kingdom while he stayed at the palace and did what.....repainted his toenails? Untangled his tassels? Ate bon bons?!?!?! some prince!

Her: Well, Prince Phillip wore TIGHTS!

Me: Yeah, he wore tights, while he was SLAYING a magical evil dragon to rescue his future wife! THAT is a real prince!

Her: Shakes head.

Me: Just think about it from a more practical view okay? : You're with the prince, riding from one palace to the other in your carriage, and a wheel breaks in the thick of some enchanted woods somewhere.....Who do you want with you: Someone who has slayed a magic evil dragon, or someone who can perfectly match his shoes to his tassels? Oh, he can dance too if that will help the situation.(eye roll)

Her: That's what the SERVANTS are for.

Me: That's the attitude I would EXPECT from a fan of such a prince.......

Her: Whatever.

ME: WHATEVER! I WIN!

The conversation went on to tangents that led to an agreement that prince Adam (Beauty and the Beast) was the least desirable prince and another argument in which she expounded the virtues of all the new live action remakes of these classics and I expressed my distaste for them. And at her urging I took an online quiz that labelled me as a "Hufflepuff" which is some sort of Harry Potter creature I think. She said this was very fitting, and as I never read the books or watched the movies, I took her word for it.

Can you top the silliness of MY conversation with one of your own?

Comments (18)