SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Recessed light help, please

mxk3 z5b_MI
2 years ago

I have to get going on picking out my lights and trims for recessed lights. I'd prefer to go with the "traditional" style where the unit and bulbs are separate rather than the integrated LEDs because I'm really particular about light and I'm afraid if the color isn't to my satisfaction I'm stuck, whereas with the traditional style I can just switch out the bulbs.

So, the problem is it seems like trim piece colors are limited -- white or various types of metal. I don't want either. I'm 99% sure I will *not* have a white ceiling -- rather it will be some shade of mid-ivory/light tan to coordinate with the rest of my color scheme, so white trims will stick out like a sore thumb, as will ORB.

Are the Halo trims paintable? That would solve the whole problem. Is there any company besides Halo who makes trims in a wide range of colors?

Sorry if this is a stoopid question, but the electrician is steering me toward 6" cans, but the LED dimmables I want to go with are only 4" wide -- so wouldn't 4" fixtures a whole lot more sense, do they fit 4" fixtures? Is the light distribution w/the floods the same between the fixture sizes?

Comments (11)