SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenlifer

Pls help me choose a WPC (LVP) for my ground floor

GoldenLifer
2 years ago

(Warning: Our house is the 90's poster child.)

I have a long list of specs (e.g., phthalate-free & low- to no-VOC, at least 8mm thickness & 20 mil, 5"-7" wide planks, no big/painted bevels, etc) and after searching high & low, I came up with 3 candidates. The big, annoying problem now is our in-your-face honey oak kitchen cabinets which have very obvious grain.

#1 Shaw Floorte Pantheon HD+ Natural Bevel in Jasper color

- this would have been my pick if I didn't have to coordinate it with the cabinets

- I only have the 3 small squarish samples with very subtle grain

#2 Coretec Dakota Walnut

- I've noticed repeating patterns in some pics of installed floors (not room Visualizer-generated). With my kind of luck, I'll end up with planks that have so many repeats.

- My installer said the light-colored areas of the sample plank pull some colors from our honey oak cabs. BUT won't the Dakota's busy pattern clash with our super-oakey cabinets?

#3 Mannington Adura Max Southern Oak Natural

- Looks like a safe bet. Does it look like it's trying hard to match? I don't want to match but I do want to harmonize/coordinate. Yay, more oak.

- Looks very similar to our current laminate.

Also:

1. What should I do about the stairs? Nothing? Stain to a lighter/darker color?

2. The family room has oak trims galore including the mantle over the fireplace and the shelf next to the doorway. Can I leave those alone?

#1 Jasper
#2 Dakota Walnut
#3 Southern Oak Natural
#4 Sorry, none of them.

Comment