SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksblegal

Karastan LuxeCraft LVP: Please help me choose

Kristin B
3 years ago

Has anyone installed the new Karastan Luxecraft LVP flooring? I am considering two of their colors, but can’t find any reviews online, since it seems to be a brand new product.

The two I am considering can be found here: https://www.karastan.com/luxury-vinyl/detail/33720-330616/curated-grain-natural and https://www.karastan.com/luxury-vinyl/detail/33720-330614/curated-grain-pickled

I will be installing the flooring throughout the entire home. The home does not get a lot of natural light, which has me leaning towards the “Pickled” color, but of course I like the larger plank size of the “Natural” Color. Not keeping the rug below, so pls ignore.

Thanks!

Comments (198)

• Nathan Reitz
    last year
    last modified: last year

We installed the Refined Forrest Cedar and LOVED it!

• Schoen Dogg
    last year

Nathan Reitz that is so helpful! Thanks for the beautiful pictures- turned out great! Thank you!

• Related Discussions

Please help me choose a rug and decide on new fireplace

Q

Comments (30)
    Just want to share that I think your room is quite attractive already - I love the rug raven shared (and the one always1step ordered !).... I cannot visualize on the fireplace but everything else selected works great together. ( and seriously not to push you, but that rug!!! and it sure seems like a great deal to me at the current price......)
    ...See More

Help me choose floors and cabinets

Q

Comments (6)
    Sina makes an excellent point. A DIY cabinet painting can take weeks and weeks of work/curing. This would be the last thing I would want to tackle. To get the same flooring installed in this space is going to be tricky without painting the cabinets, but it can be done. You will demolish the tile and remove the laminate. You will patch the subfloor as well as get it all flat and happy while you are there. Once you have gotten to that point, you can then decide how this is going to work. Personally I would like to see a super pale, wide plank vinyl product (I would love to see European Oak looking floors). So long as you get the colour in the flooring to compliment the colour in the cabinets (brownish orange) then you should be fine. Unless you want to redo the entire kitchen (including new counters) then I would ignore the counter top colour. It is dark with very few undertones. That's a good thing. The only thing you want to worry about would the undertones of the cabinets. Try to stay as light as possible within the same colour family as the cabinets. That way you can keep everything...including the cabinet colour.
    ...See More

Need help choosing Provenza LVP flooring please!

Q

Comments (19)
    @Judy Frank are the ”saw” marks these textured stripes that run horizontally throughout the planks? my sample board of Finally Mine has them and wasn’t sure if defect of sample or true of the floor overall. Does anyone have experience and insight on these ”saw marks” sometimes I see them referred to as ”cut marks”
    ...See More

Karastan LVP Honey Color - anyone have this in their home?

Q

Comments (1)
    There are 3 pictures in this thread: Karastan LuxeCraft LVP: Please help me choose (houzz.com)
    ...See More
  • jhkosta3
    last year

mopco2011 do you have a picture of your floors done in Fawn?

• J Bak
    last year

I am also interested in seeing the Karastan in Fawn.

• Karen
    last year

Fawn pics....I'd like to see some pics as well.

• Rachel
    last year

We are going to do steamed but here are some fawn a friend of mine did.

• monalisa8797
    last year

This is steamed. Installed 2 years ago. We love it. It’s a taupe color. Cooler than fawn but not gray. I love that the color is very consistent and variation is subtle (doesn’t look like stripes). It has held up beautifully! No scratches or dents, plus has gotten water spilled on it and no problems after wiping up. Highly recommend.

• J Bak
    last year

Thank you! They’re both very pretty. How has the Karastan steamed held up for you?

• randy5658
    last year

We did steamed througohut our condo and could not be happier. it seems to go with everything and looks amazing will send some photos

• Karen
    last year

Thanks for posting pics. Selecting a color for the whole house/condo is daunting. The colors are throwing me because the lighting is so different all around the condo. We want a lighter color but not a bleached, oaky yellow, or grey floor. We brought home Fawn and Beech and as I move them from room to room I think we should go lighter. I don't recall seeing Steamed in the store. I'll have to go back and look at Steamed.

• Carlie C
    last year

We‘ve had Steamed for 1.5 yrs and love it. No issues. Its a very neutral taupe color but it can look darker and appear grayish (but warm not blue grey) in low light or north facing. I didnt want grey either, and even when its in low light it is really nice. its lovely

• Carlie C
    last year

• randy5658
    last year

It looks great, our favourite color, looks like real wood and matches everything as it can be brown or grey.

• Karen
    last year

Thanks for these pics and your comments. I appreciate it.

• Rachel
    last year

@randy5658 what closet system did you use in the above pic? TIa!

• randy5658
    last year

Its just home depot box closset system

• randy5658
    last year

Here is another pic of “steamed” in our guest apt.

• louduvall
    last year

Hi! Thanks for all of the pictures. Has anyone installed karashan luxecraft Chantarelle? The pictures online from company look a lot lighter/yellow than sample in the store. Interested in what may look like in our room. Thank you!

• Karen
    last year

Randy5658 thanks for that pic. I'm making my decision today on the flooring.

louduval, I am going to the flooring store this afternoon so I will take a peek at Chantarelle. The color on our computers are unreliable. I would go what what your sample plank looks like in your home. The lighting in your home makes all the difference in the world. That's why I can't make up my mind! lol It has a different look everywhere I put the plank. We are doing the entire condo. Big decision. Once it's down I have to love it.

• Courtney Ringer
    last year

@randy floor looks great + love the TV stand :)

• louduvall
    last year

@karen great advice. ill get a sample and chrck it out. Also considering in natural.

• Karen
    last year

louduvall, I looked at the Chantarelle yesterday. It's light, but it's not yellow. It was pretty for a light colored floor. Be sure to get a sample before you decide. I made my decision and it's Beech.

• louduvall
    last year

@karen thanks! I am working on getting sample. hope you love your floor.

• Linda Thompson
    last year

@R Rein…is this the Curated Grain Collection Natural you put in your ski condo…if so how has it held up to ski boots and water…im thinking of putting it into a ski condo

• R Rein
    last year

Linda,  We did put one of the curated ones in our condo. I don't remember which one it is right now it's one of the light colored ones. I have to be honest, it did scratch almost immediately with the 1st renter. They likely had a heavy cooler with a lot of things in it with rock stuck to the bottom and it scratched it. But I've also noticed scratches. Other friends had issues with lvp too for rentals.  I think if it's your personal place it's great!!  Renters are brutal on flooring g.  I love the color!!  Lots of compliments.  No issues with wetness.

• Karen
    last year

Reg Korn Thank you for your comment on scratching. I was told to have floors mats by the entryways to help with ridding shoes of debris that might scratch floors. We have a 3 year old grandchild that we babysit at our home...so I hope the floor withstands her toys. lol

• Rachel
    last year

@randy5658

Thanks!! Closetmaid? Happy with it?

• pstein15
    last year

FYI to all.

Due to a bad spot on our cement base, one of the planks starting coming up, on the edge of the long side. Our store sent a master installer down. Our store honors their lifetime guarantee on anything they install, as long as it’s within the mfg time warranty. It took the expert, with over 40 years experience, four hours to fix the one plank problem. He used a power saw to saw through the entire length of the plank. Very carefully, there were minor scratches to the cement base. Once sawed through, he was able to remove the two half pieces without damaging the other planks. He then used a piece of extra carpet mat we had. If that didn’t work, he would be adding level compound. That would have been a major inconvenience due to drying time, and keeping our dog off it. It worked. He then had a special tool which he skillfully used to replace the plank. The repair looks perfect.

To add. After the first install, the initial installer missed a few dips that should have been leveled. The owner came down, looked at the installation, said it was unacceptable and had the entire LR and DR ripped up and replaced. It was too difficult to make spot repairs.

• Karen
    last year

pstein15 You are so fortunate that your installer is so wonderful with standing by their installation. :-) I hope I have the same luck. We've been anticipating our new Karastan LVP flooring for what seems like forever. Our installer wants to install floor prior to cabinet installation which I didn't anticipate. Our cabinets are FINALLY scheduled to be shipped on Jan 9th. The general contractor is set to begin the take down of our current kitchen to prepare for this and some changes after the first of the new year. It's finally getting close. Excited. but nervous. We've been planning for the kitchen remodel and new flooring for the condo for over a year and waiting on cabinetry for 6 months. My flooring store (Dalene Flooring Carpet One) came in yesterday to measure (whole condo). I hope I'm picking the right brand and color because this is our last remodel and our retirement home. Still so worried about my color choice as it's not as perfect as I would have liked it. I plan to put the order in for the color Beech and hope it's not going to be too dark. Condos are so hard due to lack of a good amount of natural lighting. Beech is available in the warehouse so it's not a special order color. We have one very obvious area that will need leveling compound to even out that area. I'm being told that it's not going to be a big issue...fingers crossed. Enjoy your LVP. Have a great holiday season!

• pstein15
    last year

Installing the floor before the cabinets make it easier for the installer but could cause problems in the future. It’s unusual. What if an unforeseen event requires replacing the floor? I think this goes against protocol. I’m just a homeowner, not an expert. I think you should get some expert advice.

• Jim Johnson
    last year

The product is nort warrantied if cabinets are installed on top. You might want to install perimeter cabinets first and then install an island on top if you have one.

• Rachel
    last year

We did ours in Steamed. Absolutely love the floor!

• Rachel
    last year

Steamed again

• Estee Notsay
    last year

For anyone who has put Karastan Fawn lvp in their kitchen, what color cabinets did you put with it? Please help! @Rachel We’re trying to decide between Kraftmaid Moonshine light gray and Dove white (a stark white). Thank you!

• Cindy Ann
    last year

@EsteeNotsay do you have any pictures of Fawn put down. We are trying to decide between that and the Natural. Both by Karastan. Doing the whole townhouse. It’s so hard!!! Our furniture, that will be bring in when we move, is all older. Oak, but stained a darker, reddish brown. I never noticed it all being so reddish, but with todays neutrals being more on the gray side it shows up. Please help!!!

• randy5658
    last year

We did two of our condos in "Steamed" and could not be happier. Virtually everything goes with the grey tones in the flooring. We have some antiques, cherry kitchen cabinets, white kitchen cabinets, various rea rugs and a very eclectic style of furniture in both places and EVERYTHING looks great. There is also almost NO repeat in the flooring and it looks like wood flooring.

• Estee Notsay
    last year

@Cindy Ann We chose that floor, but haven’t installed yet. Just trying to decide on cabinet color to go with it. Sorry I can’t be more helpful right now. I will post pictures in a few months when it’s all done.

• bcappa
    last year

Anyone have comments about Karastan - Luxcraft in the Lion's Mane color? Seems to have a bit of warm tones but mostly grey.

• HU-94915078
    last year

Has anyone done the KS Natural Grain ? and be willing to share a pic - and any pros/cons

• Cecilia Ferguson
    9 months ago

@estee notsay, did you install - can you share photos

• Ada Gurevich
    8 months ago

we have acorn

• HU-310620804
    8 months ago

Wow that is fabulous Here is Lion,s Mane

• E Nielsen
    8 months ago

Has anyone put the Karastan LVP over tile? If so, how has it held up? Thinking about doing this to save the cost of ripping out old tile which is in good shape but out dated.

• Estee Notsay
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

@Cecilia Ferguson @Cindy Ann @Karastan

We are still waiting for our Karastan Refined Forest Fawn to come in. Very frustrating. It was completely in stock when we ordered, but then wasn‘t, has been delayed, then backordered, and now stuck on a ship at port waiting to be offloaded. They “think” we’ll get it in another month. We have been without floors for 6 weeks, now 4 more. VERY unhappy with Karastan!!

*Ordered at end of April.

• pstein15
    8 months ago

Karastan LVP over tile. I wouldn’t if part of it is over tile. We had ours installed and the installer didn’t level it properly. There was a split pour when the condo was built. Normal. That caused a downhill drop. The planks over the drop were coming up within 3 months. The store ripped out the entire 700 sq ft floor and had another installer come down. A better job but still a small drop. Within 6 months, a plank coming up. The store sent down its master installer who spent 4 hours replacing that one plank. He put carpet padding over the problem area and then replaced the plank. That appears to be a good fix.

To answer your question. The luxury LVP is very rigid and I think less rigid planks would be a better choice for some uneven areas. We had a downhill area in our previous home. We had less rigid Pergo installed and nothing came apart.

FYI. The repair. The expert, with 40 years experience at this family owned store, used a power saw to cut the middle of the plank, lengthwise. That allowed him to remove the plank without damaging the surrounding area. It was a very time consuming repair. Four hours for one plank. The alternative was to rip out the floor a second time. My dealer guarantees satisfaction and certainly honors that warranty,

• Ada Gurevich
    7 months ago

@E Nielsen, I would not go over the tile! this floor is very sensitive to thinks like this! needs to be installed properly.

• Cecilia Ferguson
    6 months ago

Does anyone have photos of the stair nose?

• Corinne Roth
    6 months ago

Does anyone have pictures of the Chanterelle color? Or have a reputable online flooring source that they have purchased from in the past? My contractor will install and our local flooring store is a bit high. Thanks!!

• Rachel
    2 months ago

Had anyone who used this had issues with separation?

• jcanel
    2 months ago

Did anyone use acorn who can share photos? Thanks!