• dedtired
    2 years ago

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

• eld6161
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Jeb that is hilarious

Looks like 3 on the left are just fillers?

• glenda smith
    2 years ago

• Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

@eld6161, I think the people seated on the left side of the table are William Tell's son, Paris or Melanion, Aphrodite or Atalanta, and the crone from Snow White.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Rusty

• carabubble
    2 years ago

Eld, glad you asked. i was wondering the same thing.

• Jeb zone 5
    2 years ago

I did a little research (Google) and the three on the left could be The apple of discord or the apple of beauty from Greek Mythology, The apple of healing, the twelve labors of Hercules, and the apple of trickery, Atlanta. the young man could be Johnny Appleseed.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Bill Gates at the foot of the table. Funny. What did he have to do with Apple?

• Lars
    2 years ago

"Appy Road" looks like a street in Westwood at the UCLA campus.

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

The 3 on the left appear to be William Tell with his young son next to him whose head he shot an apple from with his bow. At the head of the table is Robin Hood. The blond in the blue dress is Rapunzel who was visited by Mother Gothel carrying a basket of apples.

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Bill Gates at the foot of the table. Funny. What did he have to do with Apple?

Microsoft (Bill Gate's company) invested around 150 million dollars to support Apple, basically so Microsoft wouldn't be considered a monopoly back in the late 90s. This helped Apple stay afloat. Somewhere around 2003 Microsoft sold it's Apple stock.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Thats kind of a stretch and not who most people associate with Apple.They should have pictured Steve Jobs.

And what does Robin Hood have to do with apples?

That really is a clever drawing. Adam and Eve and their companion are my favorite.

• kathyg_in_mi
    2 years ago

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

That's kind of a stretch and not who most people associate with Apple. They should have pictured Steve Jobs.

Actually when you include Microsoft's investments in Apple they were still invested while Steve was no longer associated with Apple.

Not really a stretch at all for those of us who lived in the Bay Area. Jobs and Gates always had a relationship going in the early days of Apple. It was rocky but it was there. Microsoft provided software for the Mac. They were rivals but also had a grudging mutual respect for various reasons. By the time Steve and Bill parted ways Steve was about to leave a Apple anyway. I could go back and give some interesting history about Steve and others back in the sixties during their college years that I was actually somewhat indirectly involved with. I am mentioned in a magazine and also in a autobiography which my DH never fails to tease me about to this this day.

As for Robinhood he was closely associated with the Treeman of Sherwood Forest who was half man and half apple tree.

• colleenoz
    2 years ago

I think it’s not Robin Hood but William Tell. The man in blue next to the boy on the left is probably Paris as there are Greek key patterns on his sleeve.

• carabubble
    2 years ago

I didn’t give up on the apple cartoon and found the explanation from the cartoonist himself, Marco De Angelis, in a facebook conversation dated 1-2 years ago.