SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cvvera

Main Bathroom style dilemma: Add a pony wall, glass or keep as is?

2 years ago

I have a 1930's bathroom that is in desperate need of remodeling due to a peeling bathtub and tile coating. My tub is a two wall tub. It is hard to find a replacement cast iron tub for the space. I typically only see alcove type of tubs advertised. Should I buy an alcove tub and put up a pony wall? I feel it may be too tight because I like the existing space between the current tub and toilet. Or should I get an alcove tub and tile the side, and put up a glass to create a wall and protect the cabinet from any splashing? The curtain currently wraps around and there's not much splashing. Thoughts?

My second design question is, should I remove the existing storage cabinet and replace it with a smaller one? My contractor suggested either a 48Lx36W or 42"Lx36W". The only reason I am changing the cabinet (which I like the storage space) is because the style at the bottom would not match a new vanity's style. Thoughts?

Finally, I'll take any design ideas! My style is traditional, transitional. I am thinking of 12x24 wall porcelain tiles in a white color, large 24x24 square tiles for the floor in a slanted pattern, and a 48" vanity in gray with a white quartz countertop. But I'm open to new ideas for this space. The only thing I don't want to do is not have a tub. I think tubs are important for little ones to bathe.

Thanks!

Comments (2)