SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Has anyone used a company called Mosquito Curtains?

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

After much consideration we've (really I've) decided against screening in our front porch in Maine as just too much of an aesthetic compromise. Yet I agree we'd use it as more of a room if it were screened. Not just because of mosquitoes, but moths, and other insect-world miscellany, and just the "feeling of enclosure" at night. And at 50'x12', it's a waste not to use it

We have french doors off our MBR to a deck, and because the doors open out, screens were an issue. DH bought a simple set of 2 panels, which close by magnets, and are attached with velcro to the frame. They are white mesh. They've worked surprisingly well. The magnets open (and automatically close) just when you walk thru. They are easily pulled back during the day. At night, the have little impact on the view (during the day they make it a tad hazy ... should you choose not to pull them back.)

The company is very helpful and impressive. I just dont' think I've seen anyone in our area use this product. Here are some photos:

Comments (15)