SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newkitchenny55

Exterior Hardware within Kitchen matching with Kitchen hardware?

newkitchenny55
2 years ago

I know I'm supposed to wait until the end to pick my kitchen hardware and I'm planning to. But I need to install the new door out to my patio which is in the middle of the kitchen before the siding is finished so I need some exterior door hardware. On the exterior I'm probably getting brushed nickel to go with the front door which is red and my new siding is dark grey with a black room. I'm leaning toward getting polished chrome on the inside of my patio door but there are a bunch of metals going on in my kitchen so I'm a bit worried.

Here is my kitchen layout so you can see where the door is in relation to everything else.:

I'm getting Cambria Annica for my countertop which has flecks of gold/black/purple and some grey to it within the swirls with a white background.

cambria annicca images - Google Search · More Info

I'm getting this light over the island:

kuzco deco - Google Search · More Info

Cabinets will be white, with a walnut island and a walnut hood.

Appliance are stainless steel and I'm getting the older Monogram 36" range which has been in a warehouse for 18 months waiting for this reno to get going.

I'm leaning toward the Amerock Blackrock in Oil Rubbed Bronze to mimic the shape of the handle on my range and the geometric shape on the elongated hex white backsplash I'm doing. I'm going to use the knob as well.

Complete The Look · More Info

Complete The Look · More Info

I'm also getting a chrome faucet with matching instant hot faucet to use with my stainless steel sink.

Pull-Down Faucet with Angled Spout and Knurled Handle : 63063LF-SS : Litze™ : Ki · More Info

My husband actually likes the gunmetal amerock hardware more than the oil rubbed bronze but I worry about the fact that it shows fingerprints and I worry that the brass light will be out of place without the bronze hardware to help tie in the warmer color of those fixtures.

So I'm curious if people feel that the oil rubbed bronze makes the most sense for the cabinets and then my bigger question is what to get for hardware for my door, which is 15 lite. I hadn't been thinking about the kitchen hardware and it has brushed nickel hinges, although I could change out.. Exterior will be brushed nickel but for the interior I was wondering if I could get away with polished chrome? Are the faucets enough to tie it in? That way if I decide to go with the gunmetal hardware I'm covered? And it works with the hinges? I worry a bit about it being too shiny.. Or should I change out the hinges and go with an oil rubbed bronze knob? to match with the probably hardware I'm going with and forget about the gunmetal alltogether...

We're looking at this knob., which also comes in oil rubbed bronze. I assume it doesnt matter that I'm getting brushed nickel for my front door since they're nowhere near each other?.

Round Key in Knob | Emtek Products, Inc. · More Info

Any thoughts about cabinet hardware color and exterior hardware color are most appreciated!!

Comments (2)