SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_413452056

Potting Monstera Babies on a timeline- please help!

HU-413452056
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Both of these monsteras were propagated a year ago and are still in nursery baskets. (I did this during quarantine and am still trying to learn what they need). I read they like to be root bound and the smaller one has grown really well. However, I noticed the smallest leaf is not growing and is slightly yellow on the tips. I read this could be telling it needs more space. The larger plant seems healthy, but slow to produce a new leaf. So should I properly repot them and if so, what size pot? And is it ok to put them both together in one pot? One is a little younger, I don’t know if that matters. They will be indoors, in a very sunny room.

Another dilemma- I travel for work sometimes weeks at a time. I will have just a few days to repot these guys and then will be gone for 6 weeks. I have a friend who can water them (taking it to his house). But how should I instruct him to water?

I can also wait to repot them for another 6 weeks; but, I feel like they may do better with repotting. I know this will be stressful on the plant and worried about them. What are y’all’s’ thoughts? I’m so appreciative of any advice and thank you for reading this!

Comments (4)