SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristine_white41

Help with flooring choice, please!

kristine white
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are moving into our next home soon (have already purchased) and we are doing some work before moving in. We've painted and next is flooring... We have rescue dogs and have decided on Mannington Adura flex (glue down). This will be going throughout the entire home with the exception of maybe the bathrooms.. I may choose a tile look, but still in the same product line.The kitchen cabinets, wood work and a built in window seat and bookcase are what I would call honey oak, with the tone being yellow - orange. I would love to eventually paint the trim white and eventually cabinets a medium gray (they are in very good shape), but we have to choose now before furniture is moved in. I've narrowed it down to 2, both are the same pattern family (swiss oak)... In the pictures with 3 planks they are the far right and far left. One definitely coordinates very well (swiss oak nougat) I just don't know if it's too match and it is also very warm like the woodwork.The other (Swiss oak truffle) still has some of the warm tones, but it is cooler and a little more contrasting.I think I've lost perspective and need some advice. I'm enclosing pics of the samples in the actual home (we live out of state). The house is on a wooded lot and is somewhat shaded, but with lots of windows. Thanks in advance! Kristine

Comment (1)