SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiskers

Flooring Choice for Kitchen Remodel -- Redux! (Help, please!)

tiskers
15 years ago

Hi! MANY thanks to all of you who offered such helpful opinions and advice in my earlier post about choosing flooring for our new kitchen remodel.

I am having a HECKUVA time! I was really trying to find a Duraceramic tile that worked... but I just don't see that happening. They are gorgeous, but none of them seem "juuuuuuuuuust right"! They seem too BUSY and too complex for my space, and seemed to compete with (rather than complement) the granite.

I found a pattern I really like in a Tarkett Fiber Floor sample. (Tarkett's FF is a high quality, lifetime warrantied, vinyl sheet flooring product.)

Here are some pictures. (I had trouble in my last thread with photos hosted in Picasa not showing up; all these are from Photobucket. I hope this works!)

First of all, here's our [in progress] kitchen... off-white Showplace cabinets with ivory glaze. St. Cecelia light granite (coming on Friday, yay!), stainless appliances. My decorating style is country/cottage. The dining room and hallway floors adjacent to the kitchen are oak hardwood.

[Haha, just a note to let you know that the installer has since lined up the shelves in the glass fronted corner cabinet perfectly with the mullions!) I know my fellow GW'ers would like to know that! ;o)

Here's the sample I have of the floor:

Tarkett Fiber Floor Lifetime

Arizona Saltio/Taupe/#38062

Here it is with the small samples of granite that I have:

Another:

In front of the sink base:

Another:

In front of a base unit (stove will be on the left)

Butted up next to the hardwood:

And here's the photo from the Tarkett website showing how the "all-over" floor looks:

At least by my monitor, the *color* in the last photo (by Tarkett) is not really an accurate rendition. So please mostly just use that photo for the all-over *look* (rather than color) and tell me if you think it's *right* for my kitchen.

Thank you!

Lynn

Comments (8)