SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
austin81

Glam Office Layout Advice Needed

austin81
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Moved my home office to this 13' 4" wide by 14' 10" length room that is viewable as you enter the front door. This was formerly a LR with a faux fireplace which is why the wall lights are positioned where they are. None of the lighting works - however, need to decide on layout first. Walls are Porter "whiskers" throughout the first floor (with exception of kitchen). As you can see, office space is open to both dining room and family room (pics attached) so fine with leaving wall color. However, I would like to glam it up -- maybe greys and blush pink or some "pop" color. If the only way to make the room layout work is to replace the desk I am open to, however, as you can see I have 2 monitors so need space. I am also open to paint desk, however, it is laminate so not sure how that would take. Top is grey so maybe could leave that as is and try painting the rest? Dimensions are 28 3/8"H x 73 1/8"W x 73 1/8"D, Snow Maple is the referenced color. The glass table with iron work base was made by a local artist and measures 48 x 30. If it works in the layout I am not opposed to painting. Any seating that can be added would be a plus for pulling in when entertaining in other rooms. The glass console table with grey stone base measures 18 x 50. I have used this in the past on the short wall by stairs and setup as a bar when entertaining. There is nothing in the existing room that I am opposed to replacing - however, need to be cost conscious and creative so will be shopping HomeGoods, Ballard Design Outlet, Houzz, etc. Husband is a bit handy so thought about maybe some tall shelving tweaked to look built in or maybe just stand alone shelving for decor items to glam it up. Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Comments (11)