SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_yu4078173

Anyone else's renovation experiencing major delays post Covid?

TxMomma
2 years ago

So we are in week 8 of our kitchen renovation and things are going pretty darn slow. It took 6 weeks to get the cabinet boxes in bc of delays with the inspection and the cabinet maker being backordered with orders. Now cabinet boxes have been in for 2 weeks and since then tile flooring has been installed. Now this week its raining so the cabinet guys won't work (understandably since power tools & water don't mix). So another week delay and there is really no end in sight. My GC said they will be done in July, so that puts us at 15+ weeks for a kitchen remodel where I didn't move any walls. Removed floors, new cabinets, countertops, appliances, paint, etc.

They said post covid there are alot of supply chain disruptions and things are running at a 4 week delay. So, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing long delays in their renovation projects as well. Would love to hear stories about what ya'll are going through. I can't wait to get my new kitchen but we are in this phase of I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. What is everyone else going through?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer