SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my727phone

Ideas for securing potted plants onto stucco ledge on apt patio?

my727phone
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am just starting this project, need help. I am about to buy some planters to put onto the stucco ledge of my 3rd story apt patio, to keep my cat, Kiki from jumping up onto those ledges. I plan to leave little room between the planters. I live in Florida but this stucco patio only gets direct sun in the morning, and the ledge Will be exposed to brief but almost daily rains during the months of Florida's monsoon season.

Each of the stucco ledge is 7 inches wide and about 5 feet long, I have 3 ledges.

I need to secure the planters onto the ledge, and was considering this idea---- Should i attach some plastic (?) to the ledge first, and then, use gorilla glue tape to secure the planters on top of some sheet of plastic ? (I figured wood would get moldy, so maybe a bit of plastic cut to fit..?)

Otherwise,

my original plan was to use the gorilla tape to attach each planter one at a time onto the stucco ledge, but that risks damage, as well as, making it more difficult to swap out the planters as needed overtime. The gorilla glue tape sounds like it Would adhere to rough surfaces like stucco...

I was thinking i would use the sort of planters that have internal lift-out compartments and just use gorilla glue-tape to secure the planter outer shell onto the ledge.

but,

should i first attach some type of cut to fit plastic over the ledge first? and if so? how to attach that to the stucco ledge?

Comments (24)