SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_34335104

Recommendations on a home alarm company? Anyone but Telus pls

Brad Murad
5 months ago

Hey there fellow homeowners!

I'm in the process of looking for a reliable home alarm company to secure my property, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations from the community here. However, I'd like to request that you exclude Telus from your suggestions – I've had some less-than-ideal experiences with them in the past.

That being said, I'm open to hearing about your experiences with other home alarm companies. Whether it's a local provider or a national chain, I'd love to hear about your recommendations, as well as any pros and cons you've encountered.

Here are a few things I'm particularly interested in:

1. Reliability: How reliable is the company's alarm system? Have you experienced any false alarms or system failures?
  2. Customer Service: How is their customer service? Were they responsive and helpful when you needed assistance or had questions?
  3. Cost: What's the pricing structure like? Are there any hidden fees to watch out for?
  4. Features: What features do they offer? Are there options for home automation, mobile app control, or additional security services like surveillance cameras?
  5. Installation: Was the installation process smooth, and did they provide adequate training on how to use the system?
  6. Response Time: In the event of an alarm, how quickly does the company respond, and what is their protocol?
  7. Contract Terms: Are there long-term contracts, or can you choose a more flexible agreement?
  8. User Experience: Overall, how satisfied are you with their services?

Please feel free to share any positive or negative experiences you've had with home alarm companies. Your input will be invaluable in helping me make an informed decision to protect my home and loved ones.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations and insights!

Comments (3)