SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Sugar free Chocolate Truffles

bbstx
2 years ago

As mentioned in a previous thread, I’m having keto-company this weekend. @sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA) mentioned making chocolate truffles to have on hand. I live on the backside of nowhere. The only sugar-free chocolate I could find was Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips. I have perused the internet ad nauseam looking for recipe and mostly found carp, as @plllog would say.

So, here is what I’ve gleaned as the basics so far: pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let set until the chocolate melts. Add vanilla. Stir. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, at least. Scoop and roll into small balls. Roll balls in cocoa powder. Store in the fridge. Is there more that needs to be done?

My questions (generated mostly from reading recipes):

1. Do I add butter?

2. Do I add some sort of artificial sweetener (it would be Truvia or Splenda, if I use what is on hand)

3. One recipe had almond flour and eggs. Isn’t that a cookie?

My questions generated on my own:

1. Can I change up the flavor by using a liquor or liqueur? If so, what would you suggest? The things that come readily to mind to pair with chocolate, and that I have on hand, are Cointreau, bourbon, and rum. What about Chambord? Do I add that in addition to the vanilla or do I replace the vanilla with the liqueur/liquor?

2. Anything I can roll them in other than cocoa powder? I have chocolate sprinkles, which I cannot see a problem with. I also have white nonpareils and something that looks like flake salt but is tasteless. Would the chocolate leach onto the white things?

This new beau better be worth all this trouble!!! When my aunt would bring home someone my grandmother didn’t care for, she would serve dinner on paper plates. I hope this isn’t a “paper-plate boy”!

Comments (22)