SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_189876632

Paint color for north facing room with red Persian rug??

Hello,

Any suggestions for paint colors for this room? The furniture and curtains must stay. It's a northeast facing room that does get some additional light from that smaller window. The curtains are usually open.

This photo is very old and was taking about 15 years ago before we moved in, which explains why it looks incomplete and empty. Unfortunately I do not have a more recent photo of the additional furniture or decor in the room. We had to replace all the plaster with drywall. Hardwood floors will also be replaced with natural red oak. This photo at least shows you the rug and main pieces of furniture. I'd love to change the furniture in the future but we are also undergoing a kitchen renovation at the moment so it all has to stay!

I was thinking a navy color (BM Kensington Blue?). The paint color in this photo is BM Barely Beige but I feel like light colors just make everything blend too much. Before the renovation it was painted Sherwin Wiliams Olde World Gold. I'd love some suggestions as we are planning on painting this room within the next week or so!

Thanks!

Comments (22)