SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ramyjoy3

paint color for north facing room with windows on three sides

ramyjoy3
5 years ago

We built an addition on the north side of our house and also bumped out a small kitchen. The addition is not yet completed. The room has a sloped ceiling, going from 10' to 8'. Room dimension is 16' L by 20' W. It has pretty decent natural light with a sliding door and a window on the north side, two windows on west side, and also some light on the east side from the windows in the entrance door and from the window in the elevated bumpout. The kitchen, which can be seen and accessed from the new room, is painted Apricot Ice, which is a rather brightish color, with white cabinets, black walnut counters, and laminate plank flooring in vintage pewter oak, a grayish brown color. The new addition will have the same flooring. I have read that a north facing room with good natural light should go with a warm neutral and to stay away from grays and cooler tones. If anyone can believe it, I'd like to paint the west wall a deep red. I really need help with a good , light, warmer neutral because I was originally considering a very light gray (like the shade of the drywall, lol), but I live in northeast Ohio and I don't want the room to feel cold. Sheesh.

Comments (2)