SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_948209406

Front yard landscape help - edited as my first post wasn't clear

HU-948209406
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are replacing the mirrored windows at the front of our house and would like to add a garden area along the front of the yard to create some privacy so everyone walking by doesn't get a full view into our front windows. At the same time we have run out of space for fruit trees in the back yard and I am thinking if we had a nice looking garden along the front of the front yard then I could get away with squeezing some additional fruit trees into the front yard.

Photos of what we currently have are below:

We live on the Vancouver Island, on the West Coast of Canada which is zone 9. We get some freezing temperatures in the winter but it mainly stays above freezing. The front yard is west facing and it get very hot and dry in the summer so we would need drought tolerant plants that like full sun. There is a slight downward slope from the street to the house. I would like to try to incorporate as much fruit producing stuff as we could, while keeping it looking nice.

I am horrible with design and I'm hoping to get some ideas for a garden area with some height along the front of the yard, as well as some opinions on if I can get away with adding dwarf fruit trees in the front yard or if this would look strange. We are thinking of possibly lining the driveway and front walk with dwarf trees kind of like what is shown below except it would just be one row, not the whole yard.

Any thoughts or tips on how we can freshen this yard up while also hopefully incorporating some fruit trees/bushes into the mix. We are completely redoing the exterior at the front of the house so are just planning now and would hopefully implement the changes next spring.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional