SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kdcraw4d

HELP with Bathroom Layout

kdcraw4d
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are redoing our master bathroom. Our original shower was about 33" x 36" with the person facing the shorter length. The result was I felt like I had my face against the wall when showering! Our bathroom is long and a bit narrow with the bathtub currently against the window and a 6ft vanity. I've come up with two different floor plans (layouts are in the pictures).

Plan 1: The first plan will keep the same basic layout we have, but we will purchase a slightly more narrow undermount bathtub and place the vanity against the tub enclosure. The double vanity will also be shortened to 5.5'. I recognize I will probably need to place tile or something on the vanity side to protect it. This will leave about a 4' space for the shower.

Plan 2: This plan will require us to more significantly change the plumbing in the bathroom. A freestanding bathtub would turn 90 degrees and be placed on the wall behind the vanity. The vanity would move close to the end of the bathroom, but could be 7' long allowing for more storage in the vanity. The shower would also be quite a bit longer (4.5' - 5'). So as to not block off the walking path, the shower corner would be angled. The biggest downfall with this plan is that with the standoff the tub needs from the wall, we will only have about 34"-35" between the tub and vanity. I don't know if this is too tight for a master bathroom.

I would love your thoughts! THANK YOU!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath