SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_249188696

Kitchen Layout Dilemma

JN1355
3 years ago

Hi! I have been messing around in the Lowe's design app trying to figure out the layout for my kitchen. I am working with the contractor and his designer, but it's been difficult to say the least. I'm just not sure we are on the same page. So, I'm hoping for some advice and input here. I realize all of the cabinet heights are incorrect... I couldn't figure out how to do the double stack cabinets in the Lowe's design app. I have 9ft ceilings and am planning to do 48" uppers (30+12). Island will be row of 24" back to back with 12" and 18" overhang.

I have an angled wall on one side of the kitchen that I can't do anything about (basement staircase). I'm thinking I should take advantage of the space and put my standard depth fridge (that I love) in the corner and then block behind a 12" depth pantry cabinet next to it. The shallow pantry cabinets are great for me function wise and also allow a longer island without impeding the walkway. I propose to also block behind the two 27" cabinets next to the fridge so they will sit out 6" and flush with the fridge. I googled the subject of 30" depth countertops on houzz and read some really great discussions on it. I'm thinking it's a great way to deal with my huge fridge and also have a few deep uppers for platters and such.

Everytime I try to turn the island the other direction, it gets too tight with the dining table. I thought about moving the double ovens down the wall to the other side, but it's just so convenient in the corner. I thought about a 48" range, but am just dying to have the induction cooktop. Do you think it's ok that my cooktop isn't exactly across from the sink?

(The 3 pantry cabinets on the right are going to be multi-purpose, but my idea is to take out a few shelves, put up hooks, and making them mudroom cabinets. I have 4 kids so I think it's a great solution to deal with all of the shoes/jackets/backpacks/etc. Another homebuyer down the road could do otherwise.)

Comment (1)