Who is hosting Jeopardy this week?

orchidrain_still

Please tell me....your thoughts.

SaveComment28Like
Comments (28)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathyg_in_mi

I just posted too. He sure is easy on the eyes.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by orchidrain_still
orchidrain_still

kathyg....lol...I've no idea who he is, but golly gee, he is so deadpan.

1 Like Save    
roxsol

I believe football player, Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers is hosting this week. He is a Jeopardy! nut.

1 Like Save     Thanked by orchidrain_still
amylou321

I don't watch but I know that its Aaron Rodgers. He was the quarterback for the Packers.

chloebud

I also don't watch Jeopardy but Aaron Rodgers is the Packer's quarterback and one of the best in the game. I think he's been a contestant on Celebrity Jeopardy in the past, so that's likely a connection. No clue about his skills as a game show host, but he doesn't need to worry about it much. I am a little curious and might just tune in to see him tonight. I think it's kind of sweet they asked him to do it.

bpath

We found him a little, well, dull, today. Hoping that he perks up as the two weeks go by.

My brush with greatness. Rodgers is a part owner of the Milwaukee Bucks. When they were in the playoffs a few years ago, our niece who is in sports broadcasting, came to Milwaukee to cover it. We were taking her out to dinner, and as we picked her up, she was in the back seat of our minivan texting with AARON RODGERS (not his agent, but Rodgers) to arrange an interview. Omg, IN OUR CAR. Had we known, we’d have let her sit in the FRONT seat lol!

I’m trying to keep in mind that not all of the guest hosts are possible replacements. But isn’t it interesting how different the game feels with the different hosts.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by orchidrain_still
schoolhouse_gwagain

I had no idea who he was until final jeopardy when the current champion's answer was something about "wanting to catch that pass.... or wishing he had thrown the pass.." Anyway, surmised he must be a football player. He seemed to blush and was a good sport about it (no pun intended).

Save     Thanked by orchidrain_still
sal 60 Hanzlik

I thought he did a GOOD.

Uptown Gal

LOL For him that was a lot of animation! From all reports, a nice guy.

Ded tired

I liked him and yes, hes a good looking guy. However, I had no idea who he was until last night. I read about the field goal incident this morning.

salonva

I watched and thought he was ok, especially for last night being his first show. I kept meaning to look up who he was. I knew the name but didn't know his claim to fame until this morning- so thank you all.

sushipup1

Two other facts about Rodgers: He was an outstanding QB for the University of California, Berkeley, my school. No wonder he is so smart!

And he's engaged to Shailene Woodley, one of my favorite actresses (The Descendants, Big Little Lies).

Michele

I have found most of the guest hosts needing a day or two.

I knew who he was, as I occasionally watch football games with my husband. Yes, he is handsome.

Alex is a hard act to follow. No one has really stood out.

bpath

I think he WON Celebrity Jeopardy when he was on.

LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

When does Patrick Mahomes get his chance to host?

orchidrain_still

Gosh...I must live in a bubble...I had to google Patrick Mahomes also.

Save    
chloebud

I'm thinking maybe Jimmy Garoppolo of the San Francisco 49ers. He might not have quite the same throwing arm as Rodgers and Mahomes, but he is nice to look at. :-)

patriciae_gw

I liked him. I thought he was relaxed, charming and sounded intelligent.

Alisande

I never heard of Aaron Rodgers, but I liked him a lot. Ditto Patriciae, plus I love his speaking voice. Oh, and his looks.

schoolhouse_gwagain

I didn't think I'd say this, but Dr. Oz did a good job. His background as a host of his own TV show helped, because he was more natural when interacting with the contestants.

patriciae_gw

Now I found Oz to be irritating. I thought he was too pushy and loud but that is just me. As long as they dont change the game, that is what I hope for. I dont want some new STAR coming along and changing everything, That is what I Liked about Alex Trebek. he thought the contestants were the stars.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by orchidrain_still
rob333 (zone 7a)

Hmm. I must be the minority? I find him incredibly boring. He's nice enough, but then almost monotone voice. He could put me to sleep with that voice. There's somebody for everybody though! All about personal taste.

bpath

He's the polar opposite of Oz. His pronunciation is not at all succinct, though it is velvety smooth, and when he talks fast it's hard to understand.

Who's up after Aaron in two weeks?

Ded tired

Thought he was kind of meh tonight. May be unfair to judge after two nights.

Save    
nicole___

Just looked at the guest host list. Uuuummmmm.......I'd be Ok with an actor to take over....say.....Peter Gallagher?

Save    
Alisande

Thanks, Rob. I had to look up Bill Whitaker, but I'm familiar with the others. Interesting lineup. I actually missed Jeopardy yesterday (rare for me) because I had a Zoom meeting. Come to think of it, I missed the Jeopardy6 game too--the six questions left over from the day's show. I usually play every morning, unless I forget. (What a concept. LOL)

Save    
Embothrium

If you look at clips of earlier years with Trebek he had this goofy rapid fire delivery like he was on cocaine - kind of like a carnival barker with the cheap looking board they had at that time reinforcing the general impression. Point being he didn't start off like he became later either. But nevertheless I now find the show boring without him.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Breathing Room for a California Family
Wide-open walkways and generous storage give a couple who love to host all the kitchen space they need
Full Story
Basements Basement of the Week: Fishing-Focused Spaces Lure the Family In
This rustic retreat hosts the dad's hobby miscellany, but the entire family has caught on to the appeal
Full Story
Decorating Guides Room of the Day: Designer Outfits a Condo Top to Bottom in 5 Weeks
Soft touches warm this modern Texas living space, and bold colors brighten the neutral palette
Full Story