SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three4rd47

Any advice on poly wheelbarrows? Looking for something to do weeding

three4rd47
3 years ago

I've always lugged around a cardboard box to do my weeding, picking up deadfall, etc. around the beds and property; however, at 65 years old with back issues and shoulder impingement, this humping a box around (especially once full) is not going as easy anymore. I have an old, metal wheelbarrow but it doesn't have a very deep tray.

I was wondering how one of these 10 cu. ft. poly, 2-wheeled jobs would work? I see mixed reviews. Some of these are quite large, weighing around 60 lbs. Then there are all sorts of garden carts, etc. This is sort of what I had in mind - and there is a local Ace that delivers for free. https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/gardening-tools/wheelbarrows-carts-and-hand-trucks/7332331

Any advice? Can't keep going with boxes. For one thing, unless using a really large box a smaller one just fills too quickly making for too many trips back and forth to the wooded area where I unload everything. Time to start making some of this work easier if I can!

Comments (10)