SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canadian_rose

wheelbarrow flowers and other spring ideas

canadian_rose
17 years ago

I went to an antique store today and bought a small rusted wheelbarrow. The kids are going to paint it bright blue and red this spring and we're going to plant annuals in the barrow. My husband will drill holes.

I've already got a large wheelbarrow on the hill that had beautiful annuals in them. They really made my backyard look great in the middle of my perennials.

This smaller wheelbarrow will go on my deck (when my husband builds it this spring), and we'll move it around to follow the sun.

I've also got a clay pig this winter (antique store) that stands on its haunches holding an enmpty, shallow container. I'm going to plant moss or something in there that doesn't need a large root space (any ideas?).

We're also going to get into composting (twisted my husband's arm metaphorically) this summer, so we're going to Lee Valley and get those hinge things that holds the 2x4s (?). The hinges hold the wood at an angle allowing air to circulate. This better work or my husband will lose faith in my omnipotence!!! LOL

Carol

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor