SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azureo81

New shower system = hot water issues?

azureo81
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

A week ago a contractor started a bathroom reno at our house. The day he finished installing pluming and mixer for the new shower system, we noticed that the quantity of hot water coming from the tank dropped significantly to the point that it was not enough for one person to take shower. Normally 3 people could take shower one after another. In the same time the water heater works almost constantly to provide the hot water, what was not the case before. Basically before, the water would be heated in the tank and would last for some time before the heater kicks in again. I suspected that the water heater broke and called a technician. The person checked the unit, temperature of water, then asked if any new pluming has been done in the house. I told him about the reno upstairs. The tech said that most likely my contractor crossed pipes in the wall and this is causing the issue. I messaged the contractor about it saying that most likely he will need to open up the wall again which he just installed tiles on to fix the issue. He swears that has done everything correctly and did not do any changes to pluming, just connected it to the new water mixer. He also said that will look into the issue tomorrow when he comes to continue on the reno.

Did any of you face an issue like this one before? What could possibly happen? I need to mention that the new shower unit /mixer is equipped with the temperature control which you can setup the water temperature on (Riobel KIT#323EQ EQUINOX Shower Kit). Could that cause the issue? Link to the unit: https://bathemp.ca/product/riobel-kit323eq/

Comments (13)