SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kemnyc

Choosing MCM chair colors and rug for sitting area

Karen
3 years ago

I would like to create a sitting area in my open plan living space and am considering a pair of MCM recliner chairs instead of a sofa. I love the MCM style and am considering the recliners in the second (red) and third (burnt orange) pictures. My first dilemma is choosing a color. I like red, yet burnt orange seems like a classic MCM color. I have a West Elm lamp with a burnt orange base that reminds me of accessories my grandmother used to have. I have a knockoff Eileen Gray side table to put between the chairs. And I have white Expedit shelves (4x4 + 4x2) to go on the wall between the brick chimney and window wall. Alternative idea is to build simple shelves in that area.
Second dilemma is choosing a rug. The fourth picture is of a rug from Ikea that I find interesting which would suggest picking the orange chairs. Though would that rug go with the chairs stylistically? Otherwise for rugs I am at a loss. Any ideas?

For arrangement I’m thinking pair of chairs with backs to shelves and facing TV which ultimately should be mounted to wall.

Thank you for any ideas!

Comments (2)