SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Can anyone identify these plants?

IdaClaire
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

These were planted by our builder, and I don't know what they are. I'm sharing photos of two different types of plants, with an arrow drawn to the ones I need help identifying.

The plant that has two arrows marking it is the same variety, and below is a photo of what the new growth looks like on that plant in the spring:

The other plant I'd like to identify, as indicated by the single arrow in the first photo, has a somewhat mounded growth habit, with glossy green leaves.

Both varieties took a terrible beating during Snowpocalypse, and I'm wondering if they'll resurrect themselves, or will need to be replaced. They've been so nice and healthy, that seeing them covered in brittle, brown leaves kinda hurts my heart.

Oh, and my century plant totally bit the dust. It looked ok immediately after the storm, but started to disintegrate little by little. During a particularly windy day earlier this week, it actually just toppled over, and I could peel it apart, layer by rotted layer. (It smelled like vomit. Gross.) I'm particularly sad to have lost it.

Comments (14)