SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsvwx__

Need advice on a kitchen wall-mounted range hood please!

jsvwx .
3 years ago

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a 36" stainless wall-mounted chimney range hood for a new Wolf 30" gas range. CFM range of 400 to 600. Basic looking canopy style hood with basic push buttons. No flashy displays needed. Preferably baffle filters.

I've been researching just about every brand and models and can't really find one brand that out shines everything else. My front runners are Broan, Faber, XO, and Zephyr.

However, when reading reviews for all these brands, all I keep seeing are folks with issues and the recommendation to avoid these brands. Taking that with a grain of salt, since many reviews are usually written from folks that have had a negative experience with their appliances, but it still seems like the number of issues with the motor, circuit boards, excessive noise, etc. seems high.

I don't mind spending more on quality, if it equates to a better product with better functionality and reliability. It just seems that the $500 units and the $1500 units all have the same reliability! All garbage.

Please let me know if anyone has a brand and model that they would highly recommend!

Thanks!!

Comments (5)