SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

I got both Covid vaccines. Then today I got a Covid test.

Alisande
3 years ago

My second Covid shot was administered February 27. A few days earlier I ventured out for an appointment with my cardiologist. It was my first doctor's app't in over a year, and really my first experience going just about anywhere since I started isolating in early March 2020. I've been one of the most isolated persons I know, getting all my food and other supplies via curbside pick-ups or internet orders.

So I got the shot, and less than a week later I had two appointments with the cardiologist (on consecutive days) for a 24-hour Holter monitor. (Results on that were good.) I made a brief stop at a supermarket on my way home, and was like a kid in a candy store as I approached the fresh produce. (OMG, look at this beautiful cabbage! These beets!! [gasp!] Asparagus!!!) But I also felt a little edgy to be so exposed, even though the store wasn't crowded. I was double-masked, well equipped with hand sanitizer, and didn't stay long.

Then this week I came down with . . . something. Chest congestion with shortness of breath and an occasional cough, and a very red sore throat. No fever. Not a real sick feeling either. Just more tired than usual and a little achier. The shortness of breath is my worst symptom.

Because my young (7 and 9) grandsons and I have been looking forward to hanging out a lot, and because they were here just before these symptoms presented, I called my doctor for advice. He advised me to get tested for Covid. I knew one could get a mild case even after getting the shots, but I wasn't thinking Covid because I knew I'd been so careful.

In any case, I went for the test this morning. It was a rapid test, so I should get the result . . . rapidly.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES