Well, just got my 4th covid 19 swab

Kathsgrdn

I've had a headache and sore throat for a few days now. Both have gotten worse and I now have congestion and feel very tired even though I slept about 9 hours last night. I probably have a sinus infection but since I have a vet appointment tomorrow and work on Monday I went and got tested and asked about getting something for a possible sinus infection.

The first time I went to this walk-in clinic was about 12:20. They told me on the phone that they were getting people through quickly. However, when I got there I waited until about 12:55 and left because they close for lunch at 1:00. There was only one woman ahead of me just before I left but when she went up to the window after the people before her left, two teenage boys came into the building and went to the window with her. I realized I wasn't going to make it before they closed so I decided to leave and come back later.

While I was standing in line a man walked into the building wearing a Trump 2020 mask halfway off his nose, stating loudly that he put his mask on "so the governor wouldn't arrest me". He proceeded to walk close to all of us standing in line, talking loudly, making ignorant comments about Kamala Harris not being black because she was Jamaican. They had a tv on with a news program I could barely hear but they were at one point talking about her. This was a combo mini clinic/medical supply store/pharmacy. We had to stand in line by the door and not much room in there trying to social distance.

When I went back the second time, a woman came in after me and went right up to the window. I had checked in and was sitting down. She wouldn't have been able to see me due to a wall until she started actually walking into the tiny clinic area. When she saw no one was manning the front desk, she sat right next to me!!! I told her nicely that I thought she was supposed to be six feet away from me. She said nothing and stood up, grabbed the chair she was sitting in and dragged it out of the doorway.

This apparently was a one woman show. The nurse practitioner who checked me in also did my exam and swab. I was a little surprised at that. She said I'd have my results of the covid test in about 24 hours. She also was going to order a zpak.

SaveComment20Like2
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathyg_in_mi

Hope you start to feel better and that it is not COVID!

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Such behavior by total strangers is nerve wracking and shameful. IMO, it's as if permission has been granted to people to be as rude and selfish as possible to their fellow human beings.

It's the main reason I've been staying out of most places as much as I can. I can't even go for a walk in certain areas because there are cyclists and other walkers who don't - or won't - respect distancing at all.

I'm helping care for my 89 yr old mom, and I not only need to protect her, but if I were to get sick, she'd be in big trouble! It seems some people have no concept of the many reasons why safety measures are so important.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Elmer J Fudd

I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I wish you the best - a negative test and a fast recovery to feeling better.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
lily316

That sounds like a nightmare. I hope your test is negative. The maga guy is the reason I don't go in public at all except the grocery store where so far everyone has been masked and no idiot was making a scene. Between this extreme heat and humidity and COVID, there are too many scary people out there. On the trail thankfully I only meet decent people who go to one side as I go far to the other side. No one is masked except for one guy I saw jogging by. It would be so incredibly hot running with a mask on. My granddaughter is a trainer at LA Fitness and she and her clients have to be masked and she said it's so hot and tiring.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Lukki Irish

Hope you feel better and it is just a sinus infection!

1 Like Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Judy Good

Idiots! I am sorry kathy.

yeonassky

So sorry you have to go through this Kath! I hope you feel better fast and it that is not covid as well.

I really liked my dentist office as we were given assigned areas to stand in even in the waiting room. There were also physically distanced chairs but I don't like to sit for any length of time if I don't have to.

nicole___

That's awful behavior...and I'm wishing you negative results. Be well.

Mystical Manns

A friend has just been tested, I know it's nerve wracking to be waiting for results. Sending you good vibes for "just" a sinus infection and that it can be easily treated.

Our state doesn't have a mandate, it's up to the individual business to require or not require. Our establishment doesn't require a mask but we provide them and of course sanitizer to everyone who wants them. Almost everyone uses the sanitizer, and I'm guessing about 80% of the people wear a mask. I sanitize shopping carts and counters after every use.

Where I work, I've had to tell people to put a mask on, or wait their turn outside. One woman was coughing, and got indignant when I told her she couldn't even come in without a mask. She complained to my boss that I wouldn't let her in without the mask and the boss told her she'd have done the same thing. I've also told people with the mask pulled down under their nose, to pull it up please. Most do without a quibble, altho there always is somebody who has to grandstand. I have the authority to suggest they go elsewhere if they fuss too much, and have done so.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
nickel_kg

Mystical Manns, good for you -- you are the front line protecting us all. Thank you. And thank your supervisor for us, for backing you up :-)

Kathsgrdn, thinking good thoughts for you -- hope you hear good news soon.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
chloebud

Here's to a negative result, Kathsgrdn!

Our daughter has a friend who made an appt. to be tested. She went and still had to wait in quite a long line of cars. She got tired of the wait and went home. A couple days later she was notified her results were positive after not being tested at all.

Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Kathsgrdn

Just got the call and I'm negative! I thought I would be but wanted to make sure.

9 Likes Save    
morz8

Yay! I'm so pleased for your good news. Are you feeling better though, physically and not just relieved....

Are the headache and sore throat resolving?

Elmer J Fudd

Another Yay!

lily316

Good news.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Morz, I think they're a little better today. Second day of antibiotics. Still don't feel like doing much. At least I'm sleeping better the last couple nights/mornings.

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg

Very good news! now continue to take care of yourself :-)

yeonassky

Wonderful news! So glad you're taking the precaution to check. Hope the headache etcetera amount to nothing but a little cold.

sjerin

Congrats on your "negative". I know from reading your posts that you're a do-er, never sitting still, so it's hard for you now to lie low. Sorry that you've been under the weather so much lately!

Alisande

Glad to hear you tested negative. That experience was no fun!

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Modern Function and Vintage Flair in a 19th-Century Home
A bathroom flood partway through a remodel drives an imaginative transformation of a California Victorian
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: 19th-Century Farmhouse Becomes Home for 5
Susan Duane snags the house of her dreams in her New York hometown
Full Story
Bathroom Design Bath of the Week: Converting a 19th-Century Bedroom in Texas
Bygone details merge with modern-day amenities and materials for beautiful contrast in a master bathroom
Full Story