SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Well, just got my 4th covid 19 swab

Kathsgrdn
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've had a headache and sore throat for a few days now. Both have gotten worse and I now have congestion and feel very tired even though I slept about 9 hours last night. I probably have a sinus infection but since I have a vet appointment tomorrow and work on Monday I went and got tested and asked about getting something for a possible sinus infection.

The first time I went to this walk-in clinic was about 12:20. They told me on the phone that they were getting people through quickly. However, when I got there I waited until about 12:55 and left because they close for lunch at 1:00. There was only one woman ahead of me just before I left but when she went up to the window after the people before her left, two teenage boys came into the building and went to the window with her. I realized I wasn't going to make it before they closed so I decided to leave and come back later.

While I was standing in line a man walked into the building wearing a Trump 2020 mask halfway off his nose, stating loudly that he put his mask on "so the governor wouldn't arrest me". He proceeded to walk close to all of us standing in line, talking loudly, making ignorant comments about Kamala Harris not being black because she was Jamaican. They had a tv on with a news program I could barely hear but they were at one point talking about her. This was a combo mini clinic/medical supply store/pharmacy. We had to stand in line by the door and not much room in there trying to social distance.

When I went back the second time, a woman came in after me and went right up to the window. I had checked in and was sitting down. She wouldn't have been able to see me due to a wall until she started actually walking into the tiny clinic area. When she saw no one was manning the front desk, she sat right next to me!!! I told her nicely that I thought she was supposed to be six feet away from me. She said nothing and stood up, grabbed the chair she was sitting in and dragged it out of the doorway.

This apparently was a one woman show. The nurse practitioner who checked me in also did my exam and swab. I was a little surprised at that. She said I'd have my results of the covid test in about 24 hours. She also was going to order a zpak.

Comments (20)