SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jas3150

Need Make up air install help

3 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and installing a 60" Wolf dual fuel range and a 60" Wolf hood with a 1500 CFM remote blower. We also ordered the Wolf make up air damper. My HVAC company said they can install the new ducting, blower and make up air. However, from all my reading I'm not sure I agree with the purposed location of the make up air. They purpose installing it into the kitchen at a toe kick or at the source which I am asking for clarification on. We live in MA and have cold winters. I have read about possibly needing a duct heater. I have seen diagrams where the make up air is installed into an air supply or return in the kitchen. We have a supply under the sink. We also have either both supply or one supply and one return at the X in my photo. My HVAC said this will make the heating and cooling system run more then necessary. I have called around to many HVAC companies and can't find any other that install hoods or ducting for hoods. I just want to do it correctly the first time. From reading other posts we have a wood fireplace and a gas fireplace, a gas dryer and two gas furnaces. Please help me do this right.

Comments (7)