SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjjjade

I have been doing all wrong, but not know why or what!

jjjjade H
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I used to only use organic approaches (not necessarily active way) on my lawn; I did have some weeds. I was not good at this way, yet I did not mind having some weeds here and there.

When we moved to this HOA subdivision always 3 years ago, I started using commercial weed & feed and pre-emergent. I spent hundreds of dollars on these chemical products, yet my yard has the MOST weeds in the entire subdivision. My neighbor has never taken care their yard by hiring anybody or themselves to prevent or kill weeds. However, they have much less weeds than mine.

There are so many products at the stores, but usually I by SCOTT's products for general weed prevention and killing. Scott usually gets 4-5 star rating, so I know it's probably user's error. Otherwise, how come all the products work for most people but not me.

3 years of using these products should result in pretty and clean lawn almost weed-free, but my yard is totally the opposite. I have not killed weeds yet made more weed growth. My husband said that because I use so much weed&feed that I literally kill lawn. Nevertheless, I don't recall seeing any dead grass spots though. The weeds seem to just creep in anyway. Or perhaps, I am just not aware of anything happen.

Comments (7)