SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

I know I know but what do you all think?

redpenny
16 years ago

I think this would be a great Christmas YES, I said Christmas quilt! Every year we do one and I just love this pattern.It is different from what we have done. Take a look at the link and see what you all think.Now this calls for 16 blocks to make a wall hanging size 33x33. I was thinking

I am trying to figure out the block size of each? Well anyway I was thinking if we did 10 blocks each that would give us 20 we could design our own borders for this quilt.I do like the idea of christmas strips around each block which we would do ourselves but anyway take a look at the pattern and tell me what you think. I was thinking the birds will be so pretty in different colors reds from everyone choice of red fabric and the leafs would be pretty also with everyones differnt green fabric.We would do the quilt background in a white.Well anyway take a peek I am excited about this quilt I think it would be beautiful! Also they handquilted this quilt but I see no reason why this coul not be machined quilted and those who love to hand quilt well here a pretty quilt to do!Also if you would like to do this quilt for Christmas please say count me in or sign me up LOL. I was thinking the blocks for this would be due in OCTOBER so everyone could have it done for Christmas if they wanted to give as a gift!

Also the fabric for the birds and leaves wont be christmas fabric but more like mottled.

Red

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

Comments (6)

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Let's get some feedback!
    Red

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

I do like birds, but I can't do this one. I did enjoy last year's. I'm still working on finding that perfect fabric to work as spacer blocks.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have been trying this pattern and there is something wrong with it!
    So I don't think this would be a good swap so forget the idea!
    Red

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

Red,
    I would love to do a Christmas swap with snowmen...What do you think?

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sounds real cute Jen...right now I have 6 snowman and 6 snowfalkes for a quilt all 12.5 blocks.....

I really want to make a Robin cute but this pattern had me pulling my hair out it just would not go together right
    so I am thinking of embroidering robins LOL...easier than appliquue.
    Red