SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friend_gw

so what HAVE i been doing if i am hiring folks to do stuff for me

friend
15 years ago

You must all be wondering what ( if anythgin) i have been doing in m y garden iff I have housekeeprs and i'm hiring the landscapers to clean my veggie garden! haha

well here are some progress shots of ONE of the big improvements. it seems huge to me- i hope you can notice.

here's a pic of the front yard/gardens as they were

{{gwi:683996}}

now- see that little raised flower box in th emiddle of the lawn- there are three of them. one by the mailbox, one in the middle of the lawn and one up by the house steps..

Now- here's a pics after my dad & I tore it out and made new curvy and flowy beds! to match the other beds I had made ( the raised boxes came with this place)

{{gwi:683999}}

you can see the grass isnt fully recovered yet. it's bermuda grass and it's still half yellow because of our crazy temps in NJ. but thankfully bermuda grass is great to use as sod. it's hard to kill it. so we tore out those raises boxes and made a new bigger bed in the front( as seen i nthe pic above.. and then we made a nice big one by the mailbox and with all that sod- filled in the bare dirt that was left when we took out that middle box completely!

here's the pic by the mailbox.. things are still coming up and i may have to re-arrange.. i had to decide where everythign woudl live rather quickly... so it may be subject to change..

{{gwi:684000}}

my dad wants me to take away the rocks- i want to lien it entirely with rocks- what do you all think? haha

Nowe just to show that i can save money and be resourceful.. i saved those boxes - 3 of them, each one in one peice and put them in a crappy weed infested side patch of my driveway. Put down cardboard that i had to recycle anyway.. ordered top sil, added compost and bought 6 baby flamingo roses to make a little hedge between me and my neighbor and to try to make a nicer area out of a weed patch. wuill take pics of that when it does something.. right now i'm just trygin to keep the chipmunks from eating those rose babies. haha

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus