SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_laville

Can I save the view, show the pretty trim, and get privacy at night?

Laurie Laville
3 years ago

We finally finished the beach house that I have been asking advice about for the past few years. Now I have a new dilemma regarding window treatments. I will post pictures of the view that I am trying to save and a few failed attempts to envision where/how I could hang curtain panels

I like these panels: https://www.halfpricedrapes.com/tea-time-china-blue-blackout-room-darkening-curtain.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAvbiBBhD-ARIsAGM48bxBwcf99RoEERdL2zf6LesxfOMkSbnSWcqRg5K3rkD9_ADqjpSNTdAaAlc1EALw_wcB 

I think the only way to hang these would be well above the trim, near the ceiling.

Or....

I would be fine with anything (cellular shades, roller blinds etc.) that we could keep all the way up during the day and all the way down at night. I'd try to have a piece of trim added to hide this type of thing.

For the record, our neighbor's house is very illuminated. We have been placing cardboard in the windows at night. In desperation, I found the last two blackout curtains in the country in this pattern ( at JC Penny's for $9.99) and placed them in the side windows as a temporary solution. Even though they say they are blackout, they still let in light. I have been wearing my facemask over my eyes at night. This is crazy! I close the shutters on the porch for the other two windows. In the pictures below you will see that I used them to try and see how we could hang panels. Any advice is much appreciated!

It would be on a better rod!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County