SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_863561348

How can I get more privacy from this window?

Charles G.
2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a big window 10 feet wide by 12 foot tall that faces North and shows the neighbor's house. The room with that window is on top of the garage. During the summer, I don't see much of the neighbor's house and it's quite nice. The problem comes with the Fall when the leaves fall. There are no leaves in the trees from roughly mid-October to late-April here. I live in Quebec, Canada. Zone 4-ish.

I'm wondering if any of you have ideas on how we could achieve more privacy between the heat pump on the left and the big evergreen on the right? I planted a small hemlock, but I'd rather not wait 20 years to have privacy...

Red square is the privacy I'd want. Blue line is our property line.

I contacted some nurseries that carry large evergreens, but it seems like planting enough 14-20 feet tall evergreens would cost between $CAD 8K to 15K. That's a bit steep and I'd like to explore cheaper options.

Another option I was thinking about was getting something like 20 yards of dirt delivered to raise the ground and plant 6-8 feet tall evergreens (much cheaper) on top...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Charles

Comments (20)