SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minji_lee22

2nd fridge or 2nd cooktop?

Minji Lee
3 years ago

Hello!

We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen.

We currently have 2 fridge and an electric cooktop. I was planning on replacing the electric cooktop with a dual fuel slide in range (gas range and electric oven) and putting one fridge by the stove and one fridge by the sink area (please see mockup picture attached).

Then I got to thinking, we have solar panels so we basically pay nothing on our electricity bill and a lot more for our gas bill. So I was thinking, why not move the fridge next to the stove into the garage and put our electric stovetop next to the slide in so that when I am cooking something that takes a long time, I can use our electric stovetop. And I can make (or my husband can) a wood cover for the electric stovetop so I can use it as a chopping board/counter space when not in use.

Another concern is that to the right of the stove area is the living room space. There will be no wall blocking the view of the cooking area. Would having 2 stovetops be too messy looking?

What is everyone's opinion on that? This is probably not going to be our forever home so I wanted to know what would be more appealing to other homeowners.

Background info: I cook a lot! I buy a lot of groceries to stock up so both our fridges are always full. The garage is not that close but not that far (sorry for the vague description).

Thank you in advance!

Comments (8)