SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathykingseed

decorating ideas for wall recess

kathy Kingseed
3 years ago

Hi! I am looking for ideas for decorating a recessed wall in a hallway in the front of my new home in Southwest Florida. Directly across from this wall recess is a tall window so what I put in the recess will be seen from the outside front of my house. The recess is 36 inches off the floor 65 inches tall 37 inches wide and about 31/2 inches deep. I have a coastal theme in my house. I love Seaglass, sunsets, sunrises, dolphins, ocean scapes etc. I don’t know if one large item would be more appropriate or if several smaller items would work better. I don’t know how far apart each item should be placed so it doesn’t just look like a jumble of small things. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated attached are pictures showing the recess and the window across from it. The item shown in the recess in the pictures is not necessarily going to stay there. Also in the pictures are samples of things I like. The seaglass turtle piece is 12” x 12”. Also available in this collection are starfish, waves, fish, etc. would these look nice? How many? Should they all be 12 x 12 and made by the same artist? Or would various sizes from various artists be better? Thank you

Comments (4)