SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beeselena

Dining room wall art?? (Another awkward space in my little old house)

Sel Bee
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am looking for advice now on my dining room! The trim has just been installed, caulked, and painted so it's finally go time in this room!

I put up a few pieces of art last night, but I'm not happy with the way they look. They seem unbalanced and....wrong!! I have no problem filling and touching up screw or nail holes (hello matte paint!).

Note: the fan is going soon! Once the location of the table is finalized, we will remove the fan and hang a light with a chain so that we can center it above the table.

Here are the curtains I have and a metallic cowhide rug I am considering using under the table

(this room used to be the kitchen, but there was almost nowhere to put cabinets, let alone appliances! This room is small, and it had 3 doorways + the window is too big and too low to put cabinets in front of and we did NOT want to take on the task of making it smaller. Our to-do list here is extensive and this is not our forever home.)

the room overall, taken from the kitchen. The right is the fridge panel beside the fridge, and left is the pantry. Still waiting for the doors to be finished and then painted for the pantry and above the fridge!!

Comments (12)