SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

I made the Tik Tok pasta!

colleenoz
3 years ago

Well, sort of. You know me, I like to play with the ingredients :-)

First off, I used the oil from some artisan feta in oil we had finished off. It had chilli flakes in it but the end product was not particularly spicy.

Then, I added the chopped green tops of two spring onions to the mix (DH can't eat regular onions).

To add to the foolery, I diced up a whole chorizo and added it in (next time, I'll use two chorizos).

Lastly, I used gluten free penne as larger elbows were not available.

Prep was quick and easy, which was great because I had arrived home from work totally shattered. Into the oven it went, with the pasta water on to boil. Then off to sit with DH and watch TV (a really interesting documentary about how China's Forbidden city was constructed).

When it was time to mix the cooked pasta in with the baked sauce ingredients, I added a touch of chilli (will use more next time as it wasn't really in evidence at all) and some chopped fresh basil. The feta was just enough to lightly coat all the pasta, so it wasn't too much.

I enjoyed it, as did DH. It will go into the list of "things to make on a Friday night because I'm too tired to do something elaborate, but want something tasty and not take away food".

So, it's a "yes" from us!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH