SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

WEATHERMAN DRIVING ME NUTS

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Weatherunderground is driving me nuts with their 10 day forecast. First the freeze is abad and then only 31º then back to 23º then gone again and then back to 17º and then now 18º . I guess I am totally tired of this confusion so I am acting "as if ". I re insulated my above ground pipes by my water tanks that had degraded (20 yr old sun damaged) insulation at my cisterns. I really don't want to loose all my water system and drain 20 000gallons of water. I stuffed insulation rope into my pump house door and checked the heat lamps. I did insulated the new construction under my house and the water to my outdoor water heater. Teach me to do things different..... NOW; I am getting to my plants. I bet all of you are in a tizzy too.

I cut all the fronds off the sago frond. The fronds will all die off in this freeze and they are too large to protect effectively. They grow back in a abundance and I can use the fronds to help protect the meristem in the center. I also have the fronds on other things like ground aloes and then covered with frost cloth. Here I go. The cold front better arrive because if it doesn't I will be pissed at myself for the pruning. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

We are on a tall hill so sometimes we are much warmer than the area around me (usually at the beginning of the winter) and sometimes we are colder. Crapshoot.

Are you guys going nuts too? I could just stand back and let them all my potted aloes die. NOT!! What do you do

Comments (79)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County