SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caymanbaby29

Need help - basement Rec room

caymanbaby29
3 years ago

Hello! We have just moved into a new to us house and are looking to change up the basement. We purchased a pool table (ping pong cover on it pictured) and would like to put an electric fireplace on the wall behind. The big brown leather chairs in the pic will stay. The window in the top right corner is ridiculous. There’s glass in it but there is a deck outside (it’s an exterior wall) so no light comes in and it doesn’t open as an escape route etc. Could we take off the trim and close it it making a wall we can build a fireplace with maybe book shelves or something on? Or what would you put here? We are looking for a cozy feeling in there and will be finishing a roughed in bar area as well. (To the left of the fireplace wall pictured). There is a piece of furniture that my dad made that is sentimental and we would like to design the area so that it does not look out of place. I’ll post pic of it as well.
Thank you so much. I’ve sat down there with a pad of paper and a stupid look on my face many times before I give up and go upstairs. Lol

Comment (1)