SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designingforfun

please help me pull my room together, decor and furniture.

Mamaof4
3 years ago

My bedroom is 18.5 feet wide and 12.5 feet deep. The floors are Santos mahogany. The area rug and desk are new and staying.
I would like to replace the tall armoire/chest and the nightstands in my room. Possibly the bed in the future. I feel like the wall where the fireplace is should be free. I use to have a dresser there and it blocked the view of the fireplace. I am looking to add a small dresser where the chest currently is.
I have identified one I like from RH. It’s 50” wide and 43” tall. I think that would be perfect for that spot.
My problem is figuring out what kind of nightstands to get. I keep reading not to purchase matching nightstands. That the furniture should contrast.
In the first mood board below, I have adding dark nightstands that are also from RH, but not matching the chest. They are a different finish on the wood so I do worry about how they will look.
The second mood board has nightstands that contrast. I do like these but they only come in a 32” width so I worry they might be too wide. I do have a chair next to the nightstands on one side of the room.
Any suggestions? Anyone have any other suggestions for nightstands? Most of the furniture right now is midcentury modern and I don’t think that will work in my house.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments.

Comments (134)