SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quaker8

seeking advice on crafting a sweet home office / man "attic"

quaker8
3 years ago

I just bought a really cool townhome on the intercoastal waterway - and it came with amazing 4th floor office / rec room space that overlooks the water! I work from home most of the time - so I will likely be spending 10-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week in this room. Given the views and the amount of time I'll be spending here, I really want to make the most of the space so that it's not only productive but fun as well for off work hours. Bottom Line - I really need some help figuring out how to lay things out and possibly some ideas on some pieces I could buy for the space! Thanks in advance for any help!

Main Goals:

* Accommodate a desk big enough to hold my two big work monitors, laptop, docking station and printer. (I also want a desk that will hide all the cords - so help!)

* Maximize the view of the water from that desk - but not in a way where the first thing people see when they come up the stairs are the two monitors (as is currently the case now)

* Accommodate a couch + big screen TV + possibly a coffee table in the middle of the room for mid-day breaks + after work time with friends

Pieces I want to buy:

* A large desk (current desk is temporary)

* A couch

* A large screen TV

* A coffee table

I've got a floorplan as well as a bunch of pictures to give everyone a sense of things. Please note I will be replacing the carpet at some point with something more neutral (and if you have any suggestions there, that would be much appreciated).

Floorplan:

Panorama looking from the steps. Ideally I'd like the office area to be on the right side of the picture and the TV area to be in the middle of the room under the ceiling fan:

Looking toward the window:

Looking toward the window from another corner:

Looking toward the window from the top of the steps (see how the two monitors are the first thing you see walking up the stairs - not cool!)

Looking down the staircase; there's a little nook where I currently have the printer but otherwise basically serves no purpose whatsoever:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH