SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi_2006

Foyer before and after pics....still seeking advice :-)

mimi_2006
16 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I posted pics of my foyer and you all had some great ideas. I'm still trying to use both the bench and the secretary but I have flipped the two and displayed the sleigh bells grouped together on a board. I liked the secretary in the original place but I didn't like the bench and bells in the corner, it bothered me. I found an old barn board at an antique mall and used some of my grandfathers old square nails to hang the bells.

I've tried a couple of different things beside the bench, a basket, and 2 different size plants. Yes they're fake, if they were real they would be a brown stick. The whole area still feels a little blank. What now? Is the arrangement better? Do I need more on the walls? What should go by the bench, any ideas? I didn't want to purchase anything until I got some input.

The rug is definitely used as fancy door mat. I know several suggested a bigger and more decorative rug for the area and I'm not opposed to that but I wanted to get the other things done before deciding. It's actually kind of nice to have a "door mat" that I like there but it's not something that can't be changed.

Thanks for all your help!

BEFORE

AFTER

Comments (87)