SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

What trim w/BM Simply White? Plus other urgent paint questions!

smalloldhouse_gw
3 years ago

We're in month 5 of a 6-month addition/whole-house reno and after passing inspections over the holidays, things ramped up into high gear. In the past 3 weeks, they've done insulation, drywall, and are almost done w/installing the siding & trim, tiling 3 baths, and installing hardwood throughout. It's exciting but also overwhelming, especially since every day brings a new request from the builders.

Last week they told me to have all the paint colors picked out by the end of this week. I have about 25 Samplize swatches and spent a few hours at the house this week, more confused than ever. And now they're pushing me to provide the final list today, so I'm a bit panicked. Thanks for any help you can provide!

1) One of the few conclusions I came to was that I want to use BM Simply White in most areas of the house. But what trim? I've always used White Dove and like it, but will that look too muddy with Simply White? Any other suggestions?

2) I'm stumped on a couple of spaces (photos below):

The master bath has black floors and mostly white tile and other elements (vanity, counter, tub deck, etc) with the exception of this Moroccan tile mural. The adjoining bedroom will be SW Sea Salt - do I continue that in the bath or revert to Simply White?

my teenage son's 12x12 bedroom, which lost a window to the addition but will gain a skylight. We're keeping the giant map I hung when he was 5yo. Any ideas for a good color that will avoid darkening the room but not look too young? Swatches are SW, Edgecomb Grey, Pale Oak, and Alabaster. I would prefer a blue or green but am struggling to find something that is not too dark or too babyish.

Comments (5)